Friday, May 18

My muse is on holiday.

It's funny, except that it's not. I haven't found my muse in days or maybe even weeks now. The muse of original writing and artwork, let's say. I've had plenty of ambition for this blog and in other aspects of life and haven't just been lying in bed an acephalopic wreck, any more than normal. If anything I've been more productive because of the absence of good original material, feeling I need to fill my life and my blog with something, so I'm going through one of those absorption periods where I listen to a ton of inspiring music, read great works of literature or poetry, watch highly original films. And some of this has been laid down here... But by and large, it's being absorbed neuronically and not manifesting itself in any creative way. Have I said it all already? (I worry.) Of course not. I'm just in a trough, a valley. All of this will pay dividends at some point and I will blossom as fireworks 'round the fountain of Art, splendor and sun. So until then dear readers, please tolerate my unoriginal quizzes, links, lyrics, and the like. I will become intelligent again, it's bound to happen. And besides, that stuff is fun too in its way. Actually most people seem to prefer it.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Blanks Happen. It'll be great to see what you come up with when it does - I look forward to more original photos and poems, but it has been fun taking quizzes and re-looking at your other posts.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane