Monday, May 21

(Photo by Graeme Mills)
Mellow Mood.

OK, list as much ultra mellow music here as you can think of. No elevator music or synthy new-age stuff, or stuff purposely made to induce sleep or accompany meditation. It has to be real music from a real band. You can just list the band, or just certain songs (i.e., "Eagles - Peaceful, Easy Feeling"), it's up to you. I don't care about genre, even classical is ok if it's not too long (maybe just a certain movement). Not too wild about new country, but old stuff is cool, like Willie. Rap - no. Reggae - yes, the mellow kind not the dancehall kind. Trance - some, but not stuff that sounds like it should be in a club. Rather, all the songs should be ideally listened to in headphones/pajamas. I'm looking for the perfect relaxation mix, and I need your help. Anyone care to start?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The group Quantic.

Metamatician said...

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Hans said...

Here's a few old time love songs that are timeless, romantic, if you're looking to add any like this:
Nat King Cole: Autumn Leaves and Unforgetable
Johnny Mathis: Misty
Andy Williams: Moon River and Danny Boy

Metamatician said...

I can already see this getting problematic. One, hardly anyone visits my blog. Two, if everyone I knew visited suddenly and put their two cents in, we'd end up with something that probably wouldn't be a good mix at all, more like a Frankenstein's monster of genres. I think mixing genres is cool, but there are limits. "Cherry Blossom Girl" by Air followed by The Eagles followed by Quantis or Hooverphonic, Eno, Nat King Cole... It just won't work.

BUT, that could be my problem. I could even make Vol 1 and Vol 2 (and so on) to pull the themes in a bit tighter. So if you want oldies, you throw on Vol 1; rock and folk, Vol 2; synth stuff, Vol 3; reggae and world music, Vol 4; crooners, Vol 5.

The only problem is that it's a bunch of work for me (kinda fun though), and everyone just listens to the CD they like and not the others. My hope was to broaden people's tastes rather than compartmentalize the music.

But it may be too much to ask. If Empath doesn't like Bjork and so-and-so doesn't like Johnny Mathis and so on, the whole thing is pretty much shot.

Metamatician said...

Dang this trazodone is strong. Goodnight.

Hans said...

We who don't like someone, can skip that song, but maybe keep it to decades or like you said genre, although mixes would be interesting. Didn't realize this was for the blog, just some mixes for those you can hand out the CDs to. Misunderstanding I guess. I'm not stuck on anyone, just giving you some ideas of going back in time, but then again that's my era and earlier. But for genres, your volume idea might be best. Maybe if you kept it 1960's and later, you'd weed out that crooner stuff that most people wouldn't enjoy anyway.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane